Thursday, January 07, 2010

Weekly 1/7/10 - Reviews

SECTION FIVE:  BOOKS, MOVIES, RESTAURANTS, WEBSITES
 
It’s great to share tips.  I keep a running list of books friends have touted.  Hope you will send me names of your books and movies... Restaurants you’ve been to.  

From Dee Graham,
If you are considering going to see the movie, "Nine," I highly recommend that you read the reviews beforehand.  It is my understanding that the critics gave it a "4" out of a possible "10."  I would give it a "-4".  Buyer beware.
 
Happy New Year!
 
Dee

I am reading The Man on the Ceiling by Steve Rasnic Tem and Melanie Tem.  They write fantasy stuff, but this one is a psychological memoire about raising children, losing children, death and fear.  It is beautiful.  Ellen

I am also reading E. Doctorow’s new novel Homer and Langley about two recluse brothers living in a fancy house in Manhattan.  He is fascinating.  ellen


No comments: