Tuesday, December 15, 2009

From PETRA, JORDAN !

I have been out of contact since arriving in Egypt on Dec 3. Today, finally, I am able to get "on", though not via my iPod Touch, so email is not going out.
I am sitting in a scruffy Internet Cafe opposite the entry to the ancient caravan stop Petra, not far from the Gulf of Aqaba in Jordan. So much to tell. It's been grand, despite various problems like being a little bit sick the whole time with cold, sore throat, now digestive woe. My plan is to gather up the zillions of photos Edie Moore and I have taken with her very clever digital camera and give a "slide show" of the trip... hope within a month of arriving home on 12/18.
Really hope the salon is going forth in grand style, as always.
This trip is about my turning 70 next summer, and needing a great new vision for the next phase of my life. That's the fascinating part. ... we came to Egypt with an Egyptologist tour guide, a logistics tour guide, and an American shaman Hank Wesselman. Get this... we spent an hour and a half in the mysterious granite box "the king's chamber" in the middle of the great pyramid of Cheops/Kufu... drumming, toning, ... got to lie inthe sarcophagus (only that's surely not what it ever was) and tone... You are going to want to hear about this. The group of 40 of us, toning in this amazingly resonant granite chamber.
So I won't be in real email contact until I get back and recover.
Hugs to all,
Ellen

No comments: