Sunday, October 17, 2010

Yes We Can! ~ 12

Dear friends on the Weekly subscription list, all 650 of you,

Re. Easy and Powerful new way to help the Democratic Campaign 


Yesterday I did canvassing from the Northside Democratic campaign headquarters (Hamilton Ave, next to Slims in old Shoetopia location).  Knocked on 60 doors before my hip got sore.  Talked personally with 15 people and I know it makes a difference.  
Then Scott Seeborg taught me how to use the Hubdialer software for phone banking from anywhere.  All you need is a computer and a telephone, any kind.

So I am writing to urge you to come even for just a little while on Wednesdays and join the virtual phone bank.  I'll teach you how.  Just bring your cell phone and your laptop.  (I do have one extra computer and one cell phone in addition to my laptop and landline, which I plan to be using.)
At 7:30 I will train anyone who is new to this (10 minutes) and begin calling.  
The terrific thing about the "hub dialer" is that you do not dial the numbers yourself, the computer does that for you, gives you the person's name, tells you what to say, what data to enter.  There is little down time.  All your effort goes into talking to an actual person. 

Once you have been trained by me here, or by someone at the campaign headquarters, you can do calling any time from any location!  For as short or as long as you like.  

If you would like to give some time to this important effort but just cannot make it here on Wednesday, call or email me to arrange a time to train, or drop by the Northside office and get trained or call them at 541-4252.  

Donnie, at the campaign office told me studies show that you can garner one vote for every 4 people spoken to in canvassing, one vote for every 40 people spoken to on the telephone, one vote for every 4000 pieces of mail sent.  Phone calls are the second most powerful thing you can do.  If we get even just a good proportion of the folks to come out and vote Democratic who voted for Obama in 2008 we will win the day.  My brother Gene who is connected with the Latino community says those people are so jazzed after the miners' rescue they are going to vote in increasing numbers now, and they are Dems.  We can win this one if we work for it.  I don't think I need to tell you how important it is.  

Ellen




Ellen Bierhorst Ph.D., M.AmSAT
Holistic Psychologist and Teacher of the Alexander Technique
513-221-1289  ~ http://www.lloydhouse.com ~
3901 Clifton Ave. Cinti., OH 45220 ~

No comments: